we don’t know about those inns above but what we do know about is the most romantic AND pet friendly AND eco friendly inns in California. Fabulous gourmet food AND the Best chocolate yummies, too. So here’s our list of those.
Not an inn but a fantastic venue:
1. Island Hotel in Newport Beach IslandHotel.com (Kai Pua Ritual for Two at the Island Spa, exemplary service and romantic dinners in the Palm Terrace Restaurant and Lounge, where couples can woo one another with champagne and chocolate desserts in the unique Cocoa Lounge)
2. MacCallum House, Mendocino maccallumhouse.com (hot tub under the stars, fabulous wedding venue and phenomenal food) American Historic Inns, Inc. (AHI), publisher of more than 2.7 million guidebooks and parent company to iLoveInns.com, an award-winning Website, named MacHouse #1 of their 2009 Top 10 Romantic Inns. iloveinns.com/2009Top10RomanticInns.htm
4. Strawberry Creek Inn, Idyllwild strawberrycreekinn.com (mountain heaven, eco friendly wedding venue and not pet friendly, their Bunkhouse is though)
Not pet friendly but go for the chocolate!
5. Greenwood Pier Inn & Cafe, Elk greenwoodpierinn.com (spectacular views, lovely wedding venue and intimate setting)
7. Little River Inn, Little River littleriverinn.com (amazing ocean views on the patios for two, hot tub for two inside the room and fireplace plus relaxing spa treatments)
8. Blue Whale Inn, Cambria bluewhaleinn.com (honeymooners delight, across from the ocean, lots of amenities and delicious breakfast, cookies and chocolates, sweets for you and your sweetie)
9. Casa Cody, Inn, Palm Springs (beautifully decorated, intimate wedding venue and quiet accommodations in the heart of Palm Springs)
10. Highland Ranch could be a fun place to enjoy relaxation and romance. If you stay at the ranch Friday night, you will receive 3 nights for the price of 2! Enjoy a menu of romantic meals fresh flowers and complimentary Scharffenberger chocolate and champagne. Go for a romantic horseback ride to a beautiful vista and then cozy up together next to the fireplace in your cabin. Dogs will enjoy the warmth of the fireplace, too. Plus, they offer one FREE massage per couple. Email: email@example.com
Be sure to bring some of your own chocolate goodies to dip into for a deliciously intimate experience of your own making.
Crater Lake Company’s Chocolate Truffle Body Polish with the aroma of pure chocolate. Made with organic and fair-trade cocoa and pure white cane sugar, this decadently divine body scrub protects the skin from environmental factors that can age and ultimately dull the skin. $22 at craterlakecompany.com.
DaBomb Yummy Soaps: Fraiche specializes in bath bomb swizzles and goat’s milk soaps, Rich Dark Chocolate soap is a special treat under $8.00. Three pak with rose, cherryliciious and rich dark Chocolate soaps. More info at: http://www.myfraiche.com 20% off by using coupon code fraiche20
Chocolate Dreamz Valentines Gift (the yummiest smelling) consists of 4 oz. Chocolate Dreamz Scrubz and matching scented 2 oz. Oilz by Scrubz. Handmade in small batches. Jars are recyclable, bags and scoops reusable. Use only the finest food grade and organic oils in base. Scents are created using the highest standard essential and fragrance oils. scrubzbodyscrub.com
And when you’re in the mood for a chocoholic snack:
Distinct Flavors to Make you Drool
Caramel Sprinkled With Grey Salt, Espresso, Cognac, Rose, Jasmine, Cinnamon/Cayenne, Shitake Mushroom, and more
Chocolate Dufflets Crackle, Tumbles, and Morsels are created from entirely natural ingredients. The Crackle is a twist on the classic Florentine that encases toasted nuts within sheaths of layered Belgian dark chocolate. Visit www.duffletsweets.com