TAKE ACTION: Contact Governor Jerry Brown, and tell him you OPPOSE the repeal of any portion of Hayden. At a time when other states in the U.S. are enacting legislation to advance the protection of animals in shelters, California should not be stepping backwards.
Tom Hayden asks Gov. Brown to STOP, and NOT put animals in shelters at risk …
Contrary to the assertion of HSUS’ Jennifer Fearing, the paradigm has NOT shifted in California’s shelters and animals continue to be killed at rates that far outpace the rates of adoption. [ETA: Jennifer Fearing has informed me that the statements attributed to her in the original Sacramento Bee article are inaccurate and that HSUS will be lobbying against the repeal of Hayden.] The public policy preference of California continues to be favoring life over death, and thus the adoption, rather than killing, of shelter animals.
- CALL Governor Brown at (916) 445-2841 (9 am to 5 pm)
- FAX your letter of opposition (916) 558-3177
- MAIL your letter of opposition to Governor Jerry Brown, c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173, Sacramento, CA 95814
- EMAIL the Governor’s office at http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php (choose BUDGET as subject)
- POST to Governor Brown’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/jerrybrown
- TWEET to Governor Brown’s Twitter page at @JerryBrownGov
- SIGN the Change.org petition opposing the proposed repeal at http://www.change.org/petitions/governor-jerry-brown-refuse-to-repeal-any-provisions-of-the-hayden-law
PLEASE share far and wide and send a CLEAR AND LOUD MESSAGE to Sacramento that Californians demand more, not fewer, protections for their shelter animals.