ahhh I have found a new profession…dog baker
I tried making the treats but did it wrong, no matter, they came out to be a cake with peanut butter and cici still likes them…
all I’d need is a truck with a kitchen… or not… I could do a doggie ice cream truck…
Lu & Wally’s Sweet Potato & Flax Wheat-Free
1 medium sweet potato (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup rice flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Microwave sweet potato until soft and mashable. (About 5 minutes, but maybe more, depending on the size of your potato.)
3. Cut sweet potato in half and scoop 1/2 cup of potato.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato, egg, flax meal and cinnamon.
5. Stir until well blended and then add the rice flour.
6. Stir until a soft dough forms.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With your hands, or a rolling pin, press the dough into a rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
8. With a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the dough into 1/2″ x 1/2″ squares. We were able to get 96 squares out of this batch.
9. Transfer the squares to a baking sheet.
10. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Makes approximately 8 dozen 1/2″ dog treats.
what mine looks like sort of…
now these muffins sound ugh/disgusting anyway
carrot bacon muffins for dogs
3 Cups of Unbleached flour
1 Tbs Baking powder
1/2 Cup of Butter
1/2 Cup of olive Oil
2 Jars of chicken baby food
2 Cups Shredded or chopped carrots
3 Strips of cooked bacon or ham
Combine butter, eggs, oil, baby food and
carrots in a large bowl. Mix well. Slowly add the
flour and baking powder. Pour batter into a well
greased muffin pan. Cut up a few cooked bacon
slices and place on top of the muffins. I used
two to three pieces of bacon on each muffin.
Bake at 350 degrees for sixty minutes. I
suggest checking the muffins at the fifty minute
mark as all ovens are different! After two or
three days store in an airtight container.
none of these really fit but did not know how to make my own…
Dog travel writer
what strangers think I do
what friends think I do
what I think I do
what B&B owners/hotel owners think I do
what PR agencies think I do
what my dog thinks I do
will fill in when my computer behaves again…
If you enjoyed this post, we’d be very grateful if you’d help get the woof out by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you! Cici the Polka Dot Princess and CS