October is National Pit Bull Awareness Month
10 Ways to Raise Awareness and Celebrate Pit Bulls
10. Use social media such as facebook/twitter and blogs to show off positive images of Pit Bulls. Post a photo of your Pit Bull in an unlikely pose, playing with a chilld, cat, cute critter or other dog, or being just plain silly.
Educate the media and others…
Kelly Ripa (from LIVE with Kelly and Michael) said on her show yesterday that she is educated on the subject and that ALL pit bulls are dangerous and…”only gang bangers & thugs own them.” Their FB page needs more comments. Go add yours please and show Kelly and Michael some education politely.
what I wrote:
Kelly, from the history of pit bulls and bull dogs…
True fighting dogs do not show any aggression towards humans whatsoever. Human aggression was in fact considered a major fault, so if a dog showed any human aggression it would be destroyed and the line would not be bred from anymore. Handlers were in the pit with the dogs during a fight and would not be so if they thought there was any danger. and oh by the way, last time I looked, am a newspaper reporter, senior, and NOT a gangster or thug.
Vicktory dogs and Patrick are pit bull super stars!!!
Pit bull superstars video
9. Volunteer or foster with your local pit bull rescue. Give a pit bull a second chance, walk pit bulls at the local shelter, foster, rescue, adopt.
8. Share good news articles,videos, photos and books about hero Pit Bulls like Stubby, talented Pit Bulls like Petey, extraordinary Pit bulls like Wallace, Hector and the other Vicktory dogs and shelter Pit Bulls who need homes
More about the Vicktory dogs, their five year anniversary is on Pit Bull Awareness Day, yay
7. Write letters, make phone calls, and get involved in repealing unfair BSL bans for ALL breeds
6. Educate friends, relatives, co-workers, your local shelter and the media about pit bulls. Volunteer, foster, adopt, get dogs spayed/neutered.
5. Order your very own Limited Edition Jonny Justice Gund plush toy…. do a fundraising event, order a bunch of books and/or stuffed dogs as prizes
4. Check out the latest posts at a few of the best Pit Bull blogs and Facebook pages of our pit bull superstars.
Did you know that my Daddy is running for state representative? I don’t know what that really means, but everyone keeps saying we could use someone like him up at the State House. You can say hi to him @ www.facebook.com/repstoutz.
3. Join or start a Pit Bull walk/hike group and participate on a regular basis
2. Join, start and/or participate in bully events, pit bull parades, kissing booths, etc
1. Get your dog trained in search and rescue, as a therapy dog, disc dog and/or other way to show off their star/hero potential
October 27, National Pit Bull Awareness Day