Our pet policy here at Have Dog Blog will Travel is that we will feature places we like that have Dogitude, (go above and beyond to welcome dogs and their people) and even places we have never been if they allow ALL breeds of dogs, do not restrict pets based upon weight nor size, do not charge enormous pet fees, and are generally pet friendly and dog tolerant (although we prefer places that really welcome pets with big open arms and hearts). If your venue does NOT allow dogs like my Cici, then naturally we prefer that you find another blogger to write about your place. Thank you.
Five hotels in New Mexico in three cities that are
pet-friendly and have custom pet-friendly packages and amenities. Note: The ONLY hotel in Santa Fe that does NOT restrict based upon weight is the St. Francis and we applaud them for that. The other two hotels accept dogs up to 50 pounds. What happens after 50 pounds? Do the dogs woof more, shed more, become a nuisance, are real dogs? We do not get it, but let it slide since these two hotels would allow Cici to visit. However, for our friends with dogs that weigh 60, 75 , 100 or 150 pounds, we do not condone this nonsense and suggest that you let the hotels know and go stay at the St. Francis.
Nativo Lodge in Albuquerque:
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe:
Lodge at Santa Fe:
Hotel St. Francis in Santa Fe:
Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces:
Lincoln City OR has a reputation for being a pet friendly place to visit. From lodging options, to activities, Lincoln City has a lot to offer travelers and their furry companions.
Check out pet resources here:
A few hotels in Lincoln City that offer pet friendly options:
More Lincoln City, Oregon info… Cici and I LOVED staying at the Capt. Cook Inn when we were there… it was a small motel, with LOTS of pet friendliness, privacy, clean and quiet at a very affordable price. We felt welcomed, it was charming and truly nice people in the midst of a very busy city. A hidden treasure.
THINGS TO DO
Other pet friendly hotels along the Oregon Coast…
The Woodmark Hotel is located on the shores of Lake Washington in Kirkland, Wash. The Woodmark Hotel is dedicated to providing all guests with a home away from home, which for many means travelling with their faithful canine companions.
Amenities for four-legged travelers are available upon request, and are offered free of charge. The shoreline paths, nearby city parks and beautiful scenery are perfect for a leisurely dog walk or invigorating run, ensuring a restful night sleep for all. The Woodmark provides everything needed to pamper pups with complimentary use of a cushy pet bed, food and water dishes, plus Woody’s walking map, bottled water, leash, tennis ball and doggy biscuits. Simply request a pet friendly stay upon booking and all the items will be waiting in-room.
First to welcome two- and four-legged travelers to the property is Woody Mae, a black Labrador retriever and the hotel’s “Director of Barketing.” In June through September, Woody Mae also hosts Yappier Hour on the Beach Café lawn, where pups and their people can enjoy the lake views, warm weather and a cocktail.
The Woodmark requires no additional fees to travelers with pets. For more information about The Woodmark’s pet policy, go to… http://www.thewoodmark.com/seattle-pet-friendly-hotel.php
New York and DC
Pet-friendly Affinia Hotels, has properties in NYC and D.C. The boutique hotel collection caters to man’s best friend with Happy Tails which includes:
- Good Karma Rope ToysTM by Jax & Bones for the pup to chew, play, tug, or fetch
- Plush, eco-friendly dog beds by Jax & Bones
- Delish dog treats by Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Food and water bowls (offered in deep and shallow depths)
Additionally, extra services can be arranged including pet psychic, grooming, walking/pet-sitting services, and much more. Some Affinia hotels even go above and beyond:
· The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel in Washington, DC invites your pup to enjoy their famed restaurant, Art and Soul, established by celebrity Chef Art Smith, where Fido can crack open a “Bowser Beer” (a non-alcoholic canine brew), enjoy a “Hungry Dawg” six ounce grilled steak and linger on a “Raw Deal” frozen dog bone. All of these items are on the restaurant’s Pooch Patio menu: http://www.artandsouldc.com/images/Puppy_menu.pdf.
· Affinia Manhattan is an official host hotel of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, and was the home to the Best of Show winner for two years in a row!
· TripAdvisor rated Affinia Dumont, located in Manhattan’s Murray Hill neighborhood, as the number one pet hotel for the second year in a row.
There is a $25 surcharge per stay.
More about dog friendly NYC and Wash DC