if you write to me and tell me that you want to write a guest blog post,
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE
1. Write to me by my name and SPELL my name correctly
2. Let me know that you HAVE READ this blog by mentioning my dog Cici or something that you read and particularly liked
3. Be specific about the guest blog post you want to write (not just you want to do one with a link to YOUR site)… is the topic pertinent to MY BLOG??? is the blog post going to be written in a similar fashion as to how I have written blog posts???
4. Are you going to post my blog link to YOUR social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and are those networks likely to READ MY BLOG???
have you written a book about your dog, have a dog travel blog, or live in a pet friendly place we have not covered (east coast, midwest, south, northwest), and you have traveled with your pooch and can write about the town/city/area with all the dog park, local stores and other info, please let us know…you just may get published here on this blog. Innkeepers welcome, we just need the who, what, where, why, when and how (rates, group rates, pet policy info, local activities, etc). see more info below, thanks.
How to Pitch me
1. I write about dog travel, pet friendly places, healthy dog food, animal/pet adoption and the like including controversies. If you want to write about anything else such as fashion, food, tech, don’t pitch me unless it’s funny and has a dog/pet related focus. I love to review pet friendly B&B’s, inns, hotels, books, t-shirts, dog treats, dog food and other doggie items as long as they are healthy and relevant. Thanks.
2. It should be brief. I don’t mind emails (send to prmatchmaker – at – yahoo.com), but if you write more than a paragraph, you’ve gone beyond my short attention span. Tell me the facts: who you are, what it is, why it’s relevant to my readers and ask me if I’d like more info.
3. If you send me a press release, make it short. See rule No. 2.
4. Unless your CEO is Victoria Stillwell, Cesar Millan, George Clooney, Jon Stewart or Michael Moore and wants me to go to dinner, is there really a compelling reason for me to talk to them? Maybe but probably not. (See rule No. 2).
5. Don’t count on coverage. But if your tool, site, book, hotel, place, dog food, dog treat, etc., is interesting to my audience, I will probably write about it or ask you to write about it. If YOU write about pet friendly places, please write a post similar to what I would write. If I have to do all of the research and give my readers plenty of options that you have not bothered with finding out about, then just pitch one pet friendly hotel to me instead of an entire place. Writing about one pet friendly hotel in a place is NOT a guest blog, if I have to do all the work. If you rep the hotel, that is fine or if you have visited there and can provide commentary about how much fun you and your dog had, even better.
6. There are lots of other dog bloggers who have other focuses than mine. Get to know us as individuals and we will be happy to work with you.
7. Cute doggie photos at fun places are always welcome.
we are also interested in pet friendly info about Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Pennsylvania, SC, NC, Florida, Georgia, New Mexico and Arizona.
If you would like to help sponsor a trip, let us know and make a donation, offer us a complimentary stay at your inn in one of the cities or states listed above, in exchange for the publicity, thank you.
Guest Post Submissions
Wanna do a guest post on the Have Dog Blog Will Travel Blog? Here are the guidelines.
Subjects and Topics
Pretty much anything that is dog travel related is okay.
Articles I will accept:
1. Trips via car, RV, cross country or in a particular area
2. A pet friendly city with places to stay, fun activities, stores, shops and unusual things to do.
3. Opinion pieces on topics such as breed specific legislation, positive pit bull stories.
4. Interesting things to do/places to go with your dog in your home town/city.
5. Dog travel in Europe, around the world info
Articles that I won’t accept:
1. Product or book reviews. If you want your book or product to appear on my blog, send me a sample or a copy of the book and I’ll write a review myself.
2. Anything negative about pit bulls.
3. Anything that links directly to affiliate sites for the purpose of selling a product.
4. Articles that are pro dog fighting or pro dog fighters.
• Link and Image Requirements
1. Love photos, send 2-3 jpgs
2. Provide a link to your site.
3. Provide your author bio.
4. You may not link to affiliate sites for the purpose of selling a product.
Editorial and Submission Guidelines
1. I retain the right to edit guest posts as I see fit. If I do edit your post I will submit the edited post back to you for approval.
2. Send me your guest post via email. Don’t send an attachment.
3. you can email me your guest post to email@example.com