If you love your dog(s) and want to give them a bunch of fantastic (and healthy all natural, too) treats this Valentine’s Day, all of these (below) scored OFF THE CHARTS on Cici’s YUMMY Drooly Delicious chart. Five paws up !!!!
Due to the winter snow, Cici was not able to taste test the NEW Old Mother Hubbard treats, but she LOVED their other ones, and this survey is just too cute. Plus, OMH is offering giveaways that you can win, if you go to on their Facebook page February 8 through 14.
Gourmet Goodies Valentine’s Survey Counts the Ways People Prefer Pooches Over Partners
Men may be from Mars and women from Venus, but they do agree on “Pluto”—how much they love their dogs. Old Mother Hubbard, in honor of its newest line of bakery-inspired dog treats, Gourmet Goodies, conducted a Valentine’s Day “Puppy Love” survey, and it’s no contest—pooches reign supreme over human partners in this lighthearted look at who wins ‘top dog’ in true love. Gourmet Goodies surveyed 741 dog-owning adults in relationships to determine whether 10 key characteristics vary between human and canine relationships: love at first sight, faithfulness, friendship, unwavering devotion, protection from danger, being eager to please, always happy to see me, easygoing, always makes me feel good and doesn’t talk back or criticize.
- K-9s a perfect 10: Fifty-five percent of dog owners in a human relationship strongly agree or agree that all 10 characteristics described their relationship with their dog. Only 32 percent feel the same about their human partner.
- Instant attraction: Love at first sight strikes more often with dogs, with 78 percent saying they fell in love with their dogs at first glance, versus only 67 percent for human partners.
- Doggone devotion: When it comes to unconditional love and being faithful and devoted for life, furry friends are the best. Ninety-three percent of dog owners believe their pooch “loves them without question,” as compared to their human partners at 85 percent. As for fidelity, dogs win paws down once again, as 91 percent voted in favor of the pups, versus 82 percent for their significant others.
- Fido’s the biggest fan: Dogs rise to the top with their ability to unequivocally support their person. Eighty-four percent of dogs “Don’t talk back or criticize” as compared to 47 percent of humans; they are “eager to please” (84 percent vs. 66 percent); and humans appreciate their “willingness to go anywhere” (86 percent vs. 73 percent).
- Throwing humans a bone: Alas, relationships haven’t entirely gone to the dogs. Men and women agree, 94 percent and 90 percent respectively, that their human partner slightly edges out Fido in the best friend category…but only by a nose (eight percent and four percent, respectively).
Given the affection humans lavish on their canine companions, it’s no surprise that 33 percent said they plan to buy their dogs Valentine’s Day gifts. And when it comes to selecting a gift, pet parents find that the way to their dogs’ hearts is through their tummies, with the majority of dog owners identifying a “special treat” as the Valentine’s Day gift of choice for their beloved bowser. “Dogs certainly are easy to please, but that’s what makes pet parents want to go the extra mile to give them something special,” said Chanda Leary-Coutu, marketing communications manager for Old Mother Hubbard. “With Gourmet Goodies, pet parents can let their dogs indulge in artisanal-quality treats that before could only be found in a pet boutique.” The Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies line delivers irresistible flavors made with natural ingredients pooches will love. With seven new options to choose from, every day can be a new canine culinary adventure. Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies are available in 6 oz. re-sealable packages for $5.99 (U.S.) in the following varieties:
- Crispers: Crunchy, cheesy and savory, Crispers are available in Cheddar, Chicken & Rosemary and Parmesan, Bacon & Tomato.
- Soft Bakes: Moist cookies come in three varieties — Peanut Butter & Carob, Applesauce Oatmeal and Carrot & Pumpkin.
- Fruit’ins: Two delicious cookie and fruit layers are available in Honey, Oatmeal & Blueberries and Honey, Apple & Bacon.
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, from February 8 through 14, Old Mother Hubbard will be offering daily Gourmet Goodies giveaways on their Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/OMHpetsnacks, as well as highlighting “Puppy Love” survey statistics. More Survey Results Who gives better smooches, your pooch or your mate? And what about public displays of affection? The Gourmet Goodies “Puppy Love” survey found:
- Maybe it’s doggie breath?: Men are more affectionate to their human partners – 68 percent would rather smooch their mate than their pup, and 74 percent of men agree that their human partner gives better kisses than their four-legged friend.
- Women want kiss quality & quantity: Women, however, are more likely than men to believe their pooch gives the best smooch (24 percent versus 14 percent), which may lead to why women are twice as likely (26 percent versus 12 percent) to kiss their dog more often on a daily basis. But the majority of women (64 percent) do agree that their human partner gives “the best” kisses as compared to their four-legged “true loves.”
- People vs. pup PDA: Men (58 percent) prefer to hug or kiss their human partner in public, whereas women are more equal opportunity about with whom they show their affection – 36 percent will kiss or hug their partner or their pup in public.
About the Survey Conducted via Toluna’s Online Omnibus, interviews were completed Jan. 10 – 14, 2014, among a sample of 741 adults who own a dog, and are in a relationship with a partner. The margin of error on this sample is +/- 3%. Old Mother Hubbard® – “Give ‘Em Some Snack Love®” Since 1926, Old Mother Hubbard, a proud member of the WellPet family of brands, has used the same simple methods to bake snacks for dogs. Each home-style recipe is carefully crafted from wholesome ingredients that allow dog owners to feel good about giving their dogs a reward that is healthy and heartfelt. Find Old Mother Hubbard on Twitter: @OMHdogsnacks, or Facebook: www.facebook.com/OMHpetsnacks.
Premium Tucker treats for dogs for gifts
The best chicken jerky treats, individually wrapped in oil with a JUICY factor of 900 OFF THE CHARTS. I wanted to eat them !!!!! But I let Cici enjoy them all to herself. What a dog mommy does for her fur kids, sheeesh… These strips were incredibly easy to break up into smaller pieces if you do not mind the greasy oil dribbling down your hands These treats are made in the USA, both meat source and processing, and is 100% human grade quality.
Not only can you get an assortment of pet products from 1-800-PetMEDS (anti flea shampoos, breath fresheners, vitamins, and more), but did you know that you can also find a bunch of all natural treats (various brands) that will make your pooch go bow wow wow?
Grumps natural Sweet Potato Chews
It used to be that Cici would only eat treats like these if they were wrapped with some kind of meat but she loves loves loves these chews, could not wait to get her mouth all over them
PureBites chicken, freeze dried yummy pieces of chicken to sprinkle on food or give as treats
Wet Noses All-Natural Organic Dog Treats pumpkin
These look like little cookies and Cici sure does love to eat them up.
Pet Naturals Scoot Bars
Cici tested and approved, she loves these bars that save your carpet from your dog not expressing their anal glands scooting across the floor, Cici just thinks that these taste good and loves to chew on them.
Gift for dog moms and dad
Pet food can get pricey these days so why not cook for your pooch along with the rest of your family members? Cost effective and healthy meals can be made for all plus you will know what you are putting into their tummy. This may sound daunting which is why you cannot go wrong picking up a copy of the book below for your beloved cook.
Dog-Gone Good Cuisine by Gayle Pruitt offers lots of healthy, fast and easy recipes for you and your pooch, using healthy ingredients such as coconut oil, quinoa, seaweed, vegan and more) there are yummy breakfasts, soups, broths, entrees (lamb burgers), side dishes, pasta (fettuchine and lasagna), veggies, desserts and juices with a few holiday treats plus an entire section for Canines only, raw (raw ground beef dinner), cooked and jerky (chicken, sweet potato) and the photos are adorable