The alpenrose inn is an eco friendly inn near the blue water of Lake Tahoe, has 19 rooms, six on the first floor are pet friendly. There is a nice garden area and our room (C) had a little porch outside with table and chair. Upstairs, there is an area where guests can sunbathe relax and read. Cici and a handsome 2 year old Golden Retriever mix boy named Blaze chased one another, wrestled and played together there. In walking distance to the beach and shopping center. breakfast is continental in the lobby…
We visited Dog Dog Cat that offers only healthy, all natural pet foods and cici had fun picking out a chewy and wagging her tail, getting treats and her usual floor show (belly rubs wanted)…
The Alpenrose Inn utilizes biodegradable shampoos, lotions and soaps made with natural ingredients that are packaged in recyclable tubes and cartons made with recycled materials. In addition to earth-friendly shampoos and soaps, the Inn uses primarily bio-friendly cleaning products. The City of South Lake Tahoe does not currently offer a recycle program to individual home or business owners, however, all city refuse is taken to a central location to be recycled.
within walking distance:
* Private Beach Access – Beach Passes are complimentary, which gives you access to the lake, playgrounds, and volleyball (5 minute walk).
* Lakeside Beach Grill – This beach-front restaurant offers an extensive menu and mesmerizing vistas (5 minute walk). Open in summer only.
* Heavenly Ski Resort – The gondola operates year-round, which gives you access to the Observation Deck for breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe, the Desolation Wilderness and Carson Valley (10 minute walk to Gondola).
* The Shops at Heavenly Village – With over 40 unique shops, eateries, and entertainment venues, you can shop and enjoy the traditional Tahoe ambiance with a distinct European village flair (10 minute walk).
* Casinos – Entertain yourself at several venues, including Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, Harvey’s and Bill’s (10 minute walk).