Today, Wednesday, April 11th is National Pet Day.
National Pet Day was founded by celebrity pet lifestyle expert & animal welfare advocate Colleen Paige and is sponsored by the Animal Miracle Foundation & Network to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create public awareness about the plight of so many different kinds of animals in shelters all across the nation.
Five Ways You Can Celebrate National Pet Day
1. Bring a shelter pet into your family, and love it and enjoy its love. It’s estimated that approximately 16,000 pets die in U.S. shelters every single day. Adopting a pet is worthwhile, the joy you will receive from it is priceless.
2. Of the 66 percent of American households that own pets, only 1 percent of them insure their pets. ProtectYourBubble.com’s research shows that those with pet insurance take their pets to their veterinarian more often. Pet insurance is available for as little as a $1 day and can help your pet receive the treatment they need.
3. Pets like to be pampered too. Call your pet groomer and have them go all out this month with special treatments such as exfoliation treatments or hot oil treatments.(Or stay at home and have a spaw day).
4. Take the day off work and spend it with your pet. Your furry family member is used to your schedule and will be thrilled when you don’t actually leave him/her for the day. (Or bring your pet to work with you).
5. Offer your loved one treats, but in moderation. 53 percent of adult dogs and 55 percent of adult cats in the United States are overweight. During this week, offer your loved one the treat they love, but also make sure they’re getting the activity they need or make a decision to provide them a healthier diet.
from ProtectYourBubble.com, a new pet insurance brand in the U.S. that offers affordable and comprehensive coverage options for dogs and cats of all ages and breeds.
Post your pics/photos of your pets