Top 8 Summer Travel Accessories for You and Fido
Traveling with your dog or cat this summer? You must bring these tips and gear for a comfortable, calm, healthy and safe trip.
Summer Pet Travel
Hitting the road with your dog or cat during the dog days of summer can be a fun time for all, lots of memories filled with sunny days and moonlit nights.
The items below will help you and your pet be more comfortable and safe while traveling.
1. All Your Stuff in one Place: The Yak Pak Duffle Bag is a great bag to take with you on road trips and travels with your pooch.
Yak Pak is a New York-based company that manufactures backpacks, luggage, and accessories (neck pillows, dog clothes, phone cases, and leashes, too). They are known for their fun prints and revolutionary designs. Yak Pak allowed me to choose a bag to review and I selected the “dufflebag/backpack in one.” Colorful print and design and handy dandy for outings and traveling with the pooch.
The backpack feature is really handy especially if you need your hands free to walk the dog…
I stuffed the bag full of snacks, treats, waste bags, pet food, bathing suit, shoes, a book, purse, change of clothes, lotions and potions, towels and sprays and there was plenty of room for more. The bag is fun and easy to use. The backpack straps are durable, though not padded. When you want to use the pack as a duffle bag, the backpack straps slide under the handles.
For more info and to get your very own Yak pak, go to:
You too can win a Yak Pak bag,
Like” YakPak on:
2. No One likes a Stinky dog: Critter Zone now has an air purifier you can plug into your car for clean air on the go – for you and Fido. Great for the hotel room too. We LOVE it and keep it plugged it at home, too. The CritterZone Air Naturalizer creates a natural air flow that fills the room. You can also get the one that you can use in your car or vehicle. The air purifier continually cleans the air. The CritterZone air purifier eliminate odors, allergens, dust and bacteria and it is small and easy to pack on any trip or vacation! Learn more about CritterZone at: http://www.critterzoneusa.com. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ CritterZone. Twitter: @CritterZoneUSA.
3. Keep Fido Calm: Comfort your pet’s anxiety from the stress of traveling, fireworks, thunderstorms or other loud noises you may encounter on your trip with ICalm calming music for dogs and/or the new Through a Cat’s Ear, calming music for felines.
4. Delicious Rewards: What dog does not like a healthy, nutritious treat from Orjen?
Our good friends over at Chewy.com has a wide selection of dog treats and dog foods. And they offered Cici the chance to pick out the treats she would like to taste test and she chose the Orjen Ranch Raised Lamb Singles.
These single serve treats are made from 100% all-natural grass-fed lamb and contain zero preservatives, artificial flavors, or additives, and each freeze-dried treat only has 7 calories.
- Grain-free foods are great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Made without preservatives
- Single-ingredient treats reduce food-related allergies
- Freeze-dried for freshness
Cici is soooo smart… I gave her a couple of treats which she scarfed up… then I put the bag down on the couch. She was snuggled next to me. I was not paying attention to her for a moment and next thing you know, she snuck up on the bag and stuck her nose/face into it… She loves these treats !!!
There are several other flavors including duck, bison and wild boar and you can get a 2 oz. bag or 3-1/2 oz bag.
5. Spray The Pests Away: Dr. Ben’s Paws and Claws Cedar oil kills fleas and other pests and is nontoxic to humans and dogs. Natural antimicrobial properties promote healing of yeast and bacterial infections of the ear canal. Offers relief from flea dermatitis, dry flaky skin, hot spots, mange, burrowing mange mites, ear mites and other parasitic related ailments. Aids the healing process of damaged skin. This spray solution is applied on your pet’s coat as an insect control agent. It comes in various easy to use sizes. The formula is all natural, chemical free and you can use to protect yourself whether you’re indoors or out. Sporting events, camping, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting or during virtually any activity you wish to enjoy while not having to worry about insects.
Cici and I have suffered through all kinds of different products. Before trying this cedar oil, I changed her diet, gave her Doggie Goo (for allergies, which works but not to eliminate fleas and pests), slathered her with healing cream and coconut oil (also works but did not get rid of the pests), sprayed her with different combinations of essential oils and raw apple cider vinegar, plus I washed her in Dawn and herbal shampoo (both worked but not for long).
Most all natural products with essential oils gave her rashes and splotches and blotches. But not this product. Plus it smells refreshing and I have sprayed it on our carpet, cici’s bedding, blankets, covers and sleeping bags as well as clothing. No stains just protection from pests.
For more info, go to DG Cedar at http://bit.ly/15ylmaK
6. Nutrition on the Road: Lugging heavy bags of dog food with you is not fun. With Petsana, you can get freeze dried raw food delivered to your door before you leave. An 8lb. bag makes over 40 lbs. of wholesome food. Or you can bring a 3 lb. bag if you prefer. All you have to do is add hot water, wait 15 minutes and voila, you are done. Cici has been enjoying the Turkey Feast (there is also Beef flavor). Your pup will enjoy freeze-dried chunks of real turkey (or beef) along with dehydrated fresh fruits and veggies. 100% grain free & gluten free.
Full Ingredient List:
Sweet Potatoes, Turkey, Whole Egg, Broccoli, Celery, Apples, Flax Seed Meal, Pecans, Tricalcium, Phosphate, Pumpkin, Cranberries, Basil, Dried Alfalfa, Ginger Root, Dried Kelp, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin A Palmitate.
For more info, go to:
7. Bowls on the Go: I always bring a collapsible bowl/portable bowl for water and on the go and another bowl to feed Cici in the hotel room. We love the eco friendly Bamboo Bowls by Loving Pets which are made from 100% renewable and sustainable resources (Bamboo and Corn Starch). These bowls are durable and dishwasher safe and feature anti-skid feet to prevent spills and slippage. Bamboo Bowls also have cutouts on the side which allow them to be lifted off the ground with ease. Sustainable, renewable and affordable. Available in 3 different colors and 4 different sizes.
This wonderful mix of reliable pet travel products will provide your pet with a comfortable, calm, healthy and safe journey.
Whether traveling by road, sky or sea, your pets’ safety, health and overall well being is a priority. These products for pet travel will make vacationing with your furry friends a better experience for everyone.