Pamper, splurge, and indulge is the name of the game on Valentine’s Day. For that some enchanted evening feeling for all of you busy pet parents, here is a menu of Eco-friendly Valentine ideas.
Everyone deserves lots of love on Valentine’s Day (and every day) so here is a romantic gift guide you can show your sweetie. These gifts have all been k9 approved from Cici and I for you.
1. Gorgeous Cosmetic Bag Bar None… You are an on the go type of gal who travels with your pooch to posh and not so posh places, right. To the dog park, bank, shopping, work, errands, to a pet friendly city, to visit your friends, family, loved ones, here and there and everywhere. Maybe you wear a lot of make-up or a little bit, like me, but your sweetie should do you right with this incredibly elegant soft cosmetic bag. Now get this. It not only is beautiful but it comes with a replaceable liner so that it stays fresh and clean. No more messy goo, flakes, dust and junk at the bottom of the bag. And this posh bag is also eco-friendly. Vemayca.com is the place to go get one. It is almost too nice to use, but so convenient. And Veronica touts Eating Your Own Dog Food
2. Say “I love you” every day with silk pillowcases and blankets on the bed. Silk blankets start at $299 (website is www.manitosilk.com)
Or a “magical” glow in the dark pillowcase like the one below. Go to http://www.comfycozy.com $16.95
3. Who doesn’t enjoy a Spaw day? Joy of Spa (www.joyofspa.com) offers Instant Gift Certificates. Gifts are personalized and start at $25. The gift certificate is sent to the recipient by e-mail, or printed and sent to the recipient by the purchaser. Joy of Spa certificates are redeemable at any of its 3,000+ partners, all of which are local, independently-operated spas and salons, across the country. Plus, gift certificates never expire, a bonus.
The Joy of Spa sister site, Spa Emergency (www.spaemergency.com), targets men shopping for a last minute gift or who have forgotten your special occasion. This is an easy way for guys to purchase personalized gifts for the women in their lives, and directs them to the Joy of Spa Instant Gift Certificates. No more stress, no more worry or panic.
4. Fashion First Aid: You walk everywhere and your feet get tired. Footzyrolls are a rollable, foldable ballet flat that can make your life easier. Rock n Red Soles are available for V-day, as well as the True Red Snake Skin shoe and candy-striped removable bow model. This gift comes with cute pink packaging. Prices range for $20-$30 depending on the style.
Footzyrolls come in handy when:
-The pain from heels is too much
-You need a quick, comfortable shoe while traveling
-You are running late to work from the dog park and need to get to the office quickly
-Your feet are tired from standing in heels all day and you want to change into a comfortable shoe to wear
Go to : www.footzyrolls.com
Relax away !
5. DaBomb Yummy Soaps: Fraiche specializes in bath bomb swizzles and goat’s milk soaps, Rich Dark Chocolate soap is a special treat under $8.00. Three pak with rose, cherryliciious and rich dark Chocolate soaps. More info at: http://www.myfraiche.com 20% off by using coupon code fraiche20
Chocolate Dreamz Valentines Gift (the yummiest smelling) consists of 4 oz. Chocolate Dreamz Scrubz and matching scented 2 oz. Oilz by Scrubz. Handmade in small batches. Jars are recyclable, bags and scoops reusable. Use only the finest food grade and organic oils in base. Scents are created using the highest standard essential and fragrance oils. scrubzbodyscrub.com
6. After your massage and spa bath towel off with a Turk towel robe. The Turkish Towel Company sells 100% Turkish towels and bathrobes. Check out the website at http://www.turktowel.com
7. Chocolate Dufflets Crackle, Tumbles, and Morsels are created from entirely natural ingredients. The Crackle is a twist on the classic Florentine that encases toasted nuts within sheaths of layered Belgian dark chocolate. Visit www.duffletsweets.com
8. Why not whisk you away for a weekend to Napa valley in northern California. It’s ok to leave the pooch behind, shhhh for a romantic weekend or you can bring your furry friend and stay at a luxurious pet friendly spa inn like Bardessono’s in Yountville. For the month of February, Ehlers Estate has partnered with one of Napa Valley’s premier Chocolatier’s, Woodhouse Chocolates, to offer a special chocolate and wine pairing. The charming Ehlers Estate (www.EhlersEsate.com) is located in St. Helena.
Examples of pairings include:
2007 EHLERS ESTATE CABERNET FRANC PAIRED with Woodhouse’s THAI GINGER CHOCOLATE, dark chocolate ganache infused with coconut and lemon grass surrounding a piece of crystallized ginger’ covered in dark chocolate.
2006 EHLERS ESTATE ST. HELENA CABERNET SAUVIGNON 1886 with Woodhouse’s HONEY CHOCOLATE, a milk chocolate ganache whipped with honey butter in a dark chocolate shell dusted with gold.
Ehlers Estate wines are produced using estate grapes and organic and biodynamic farming methods. Wine and Chocolate tasting sweethearts will receive a small and sweet take-away gift as well as barrel tasting and tour of the Ehlers Estate Vineyards and grounds. The cost is $50 per person and reservations are required in advance.
9. If southern California sun and beach is what you crave, you must visit the acclaimed AAA Five Diamond luxury Island hotel in Newport Beach. Toll Free: 866-554-4620.
ISLAND SPA AND CHOCOLATE INDULGENCE
When: Available February 4 through February 26
What: Experience a luxurious 60-minute spa treatment at the award-winning Spa at Island Hotel, followed by a decadent sweet finale at Palm Terrace Restaurant’s Cocoa Lounge. Choice of: Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Deep Cleansing Facial, Gentlemen’s Fact Therapy, Aromatherapy Facial, Honey Hibiscus Hydrating Facial, OC Facial Drench, or Organic Carrot Vitamin Facial.
Price: $130.00, including the Cocoa Lounge Dessert Buffet (tax and gratuities not included). To book an appointment or arrange to give as a Valentine’s Day gift, please call (949-759-0808).
COCOA LOUNGE AT ISLAND HOTEL
When: February 4 through February 26: Tuesday to Saturday, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
What: Back by popular demand, Palm Terrace’s Cocoa Lounge Dessert Buffet will be serving up chocolate decadence.
Why: Executive Pastry Chef Michael Owens will offer scrumptious creations that include Banana Chocolate Mousse Cake, White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake, Triple Chocolate Cupcakes, Double Chocolate Fudge S’mores, Manjari Obsession in Chocolate Cups, plus lollipops, peanut caramels, port chocolates and coconut almond bars, and much more – served among displays of chocolate statues and chocolate velour.
Price: $18 per person, tax and gratuities not included.
Insider Tip: Order a two- or more-course dinner at Palm Terrace Restaurant in February, Tuesday through Saturday, and receive complimentary entrance into the heavenly Cocoa Lounge.
For all of you Single gals
Why not have a gal’s night out or weekend? Or have a PJ party, gossip, share makeup tips, spa, eat fun food. Pamper, splurge and enjoy your freedom !
Infinite Love Flower Elixir, Mist, & Serum
Hand-collected flower elixirs that enhance unconditional love through acupuncture meridians … Made by Lotus Wei Elixir cost is 29.00, Mist & Serum cost is 35.00
Taken internally, designed to magnify unconditional love with the secret power of flower essences.
Put five drops of this elixir under your tongue five times throughout the day. Feel a difference in and around you within minutes.
Only the Finest Sweets For You, Sweetie … Distinct Flavors to Make you Drool
Caramel Sprinkled With Grey Salt, Espresso, Cognac, Rose, Jasmine, Cinnamon/Cayenne, Shitake Mushroom, and more
Also, grab this fun book and read it.
Never Kiss a Frog – A Girl’s Guide to Creatures from the Dating Swamp by Marilyn Anderson is a fun take on fairy tales. Frogs don’t turn into princes—men don’t change—no matter how tenderly they’re handled. Some are adept at hiding their reptilian views while others seem oblivious to their inner slime. Even an astute, Sex-and-The-City type of gal can be fooled. That’s why every lady hoping for a princely mate needs Never Kiss a Frog.
Last but not least, if you want to get your guy a cool gift, consider one of these:
C’mon baby light his fire… romantic and classy gifts for men.
All Natural Non-Toxic Soy Massage Candles made with Soy/Shea Butter and Essential Oils can be used for a massage. Soy Candles are non-toxic, burn cleaner, burn 50 to 60 % longer than paraffin, do not produce black soot, do not contain animal fat, contain 100% cotton wick, are made with Shea Butter, no artificial fragrance. For more info, http://positivethoughtbrand.com/ $22.00
Light up those candles with:
Bugatti 3 Chrome Satin / Chrome Polished Traditional Flame Lighter $150
A Swiss made lighter a sleek design is not only appealing to the eye, but it also makes for the perfect pocket fit. In a word: extraordinary.
Colibri “The Don” Black Matte Quantum Torch Flame Cigar Lighter $100
From the built-in cigar cutter to the wind-resistant blue torch flame, The Don has everything you could hope for in a lighter. Plus, the optional personalized engraving is a perfect extra touch to let him know exactly how you feel.
Xikar “Executive” Torch Flame Lighter $35
This lighter is sleek, attractive and durable. The button is conveniently located on the side of the lighter, keeping your finger safely distant from the powerful flame when it ignites.
Davidoff “Giant” Cigar Matches $3
Use the perfect match to light your fire.
Love Potion #9
Looking for something special for that sophisticated fella this Valentine’s Day? How about Love Potion #9? Love Potion #9® is a 60-proof, incredibly smooth, no grain alcohol (30% pure sugarcane alcohol) ‘distilled spirits specialty’ with a blend of 20 exotic tropical fruit flavors, including mango, peach, chocolate, vanilla, pear, apple, cherry, almond and many others. More info can be found at http://www.lovepo9.com